Canadian premier brands Trump ‘weak’ and predicts he’ll get ‘slaughtered’ in midterms
· The Independent
· The Independent
· Free Press Journal

A sweet shop owner in Uttar Pradesh's Hamirpur left officials and onlookers surprised after he refused to eat a piece of sweet from his own shop when an inspection team asked him to do so.
The incident took place in Maudaha town, where a joint team of the food department and local administration was conducting inspections at sweet shops ahead of the festive season.
Visit asg-reflektory.pl for more information.
A sweet shop owner refused to eat sweet from his shop when offered by a cop during a raid by the food department in Hamirpur district of UP. pic.twitter.com/elb2BLnk9R
— Piyush Rai (@Benarasiyaa) August 21, 2026
During the inspection at Maa Vaishno Jai Bhawani Sweet House, officials examined the sweets displayed for sale. According to officials, they handed shop owner Anni Baba a piece of sweet covered with silver foil and asked him to taste it, pointing out that it was being sold at his own shop.
However, the shopkeeper repeatedly refused to eat the sweet despite being urged by the officials. He did not put even a small piece in his mouth, leaving the officers and people present at the spot surprised.
Following his refusal, the inspection team collected a sample of the sweet for laboratory testing. Officials also reportedly found poor hygiene conditions at some shops during the inspection and took samples of sweets from several establishments for further examination.
The team also flagged the alleged use of prohibited silver foil, or silver work, on sweets. The collected samples have been sent to a laboratory, with further action expected depending on the test results.
Bombay HC Orders Maharashtra FDA To Pay ₹5 Lakh To Pune Sweet Shop Over Licence SuspensionThe inspection was conducted under the leadership of Food Department Assistant Commissioner Gauri Shankar and Food Safety Officer Mrityunjay Kumar. Maudaha Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Karnveer Singh said the campaign had been launched on the instructions of the district magistrate to check adulteration and unhygienic practices ahead of the festive season.
Singh said action would be taken against shopkeepers if violations were established in the laboratory reports.
The incident, in which the shopkeeper refused to eat a sweet he was selling to customers, was captured on video and has since gone viral on social media, prompting questions over why he declined to taste the product.
· Yahoo Sports
Al Ittihad have now offered a contract to Franck Kessie as Juventus delay adding him to their squad as a free agent this summer.
Visit rouesnews.click for more information.
The midfielder has been a free agent since leaving Al Ahli at the end of June and has told Juve that they are the club he would love to join next as they continue their search for new signings.
The Bianconeri have been in talks to sign the Ivorian and are expected to offer him a deal worth around 4.5m euros net per season, an amount he is willing to accept. However, before adding him to their squad, they need to make some sales, with Teun Koopmeiners identified as the player whose wages they need to shift for Kessie to join.
Kessie has other offers but has been waiting for Juventus, and he could now be tempted to move back to Saudi Arabia. However, Alfredo Pedulla claims that Al Ittihad have now made him an offer to return to the Pro League.
The offer gives Kessie another option as he waits for Juventus to resolve their squad situation. The Bianconeri remain interested in signing him, but their need to make sales has delayed the move.
Juventus continue to see Kessie as an option who could strengthen their midfield, and the player’s willingness to accept their proposed salary means that an agreement could be possible once the club creates the necessary space.
However, after spending three years in Saudi Arabia, the report says Kessie favours staying in Europe and wants to play for Juventus. He would therefore rather join the Old Lady than return to the Middle East.
That preference could help Juventus as they attempt to complete the move. The midfielder has already made his desire to join the Bianconeri clear, but the club must first resolve their squad situation and create room for his arrival.
For now, Al Ittihad have given Kessie another opportunity, but Juventus remain his preferred destination. If the Bianconeri can complete their planned sales, they could finally move forward with the free agent signing and bring the Ivorian to Turin.